Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Resolve to trust God; commit to Him


By Morgan
New Year, new start, new goals. We all have things we want to accomplish in the New Year. Some people want to be happy, stop smoking/drinking, make relationships better, etc. What is your goal for the New Year?

I’ve always wondered what others made their resolutions to be. I’ve even wondered why resolutions and why not commitments? 

I have a friend who once told me that she doesn’t make resolutions. When I asked why, she replied, “Because I trust God enough not to make a resolution.” My whole outlook changed whenever I heard that.
       
This coming year, I’m going to make a commitment to God. I’m going to trust Him even when the tides come. I’m going to show others their true identity and beauty inside and out. God has a huge plan for me and every other Mighty Strong Girl out there. His love and guidance is the perfect gift for the New Year.
     
My commitment to God is to show others everyday how much their Heavenly Father loves them. Will you make it a commitment too?
     
In the most recent Mighty Strong Girls magazine, I read Lisa Rigoni's "Fit in His Foundation" column. It gave plenty of tools to reflect over 2012 and plan our future in 2013. I answered the questions her four main points asked and realized a lot about my faith and my walk with Christ. 

Even if we committed to doing something last year, God still gives us strength to make it a goal and try to finish it this year.  I really enjoyed her quote: “Life can change in a matter of seconds…take care of yours and thank God for it.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment