Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Our God doesn't make mistakes

by Morgan


There are certain things in life you can't escape, and there are certain problems in life you can't run away from, but there is one certain thing in life that keeps you going.

It's not a cell phone, or an idol you worship; however, it's a loving God who endures forever. A God who no one can compare to and a God who doesn't make mistakes.
There are tons of people in this world who idolize money, fame, beauty and appearance. We all have appearances. Appearances are what someone looks like on the outside and not necessarily what they look like on the inside. Most humans think their outside appearance and what the world classifies them as is the most important thing. I used to look in the mirror and say to myself "Why can't I be beautiful, and have the perfect body and the perfect lifestyle?" I sometimes still look in the mirror and wonder why I feel so ugly on both the inside and the outside. 

But, I've realized something. "Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair the and wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the invading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight." - 1 Peter 3:3-4

Two years ago, I was a mess. I looked at myself as a girl who would never fit in. A person who would have to go to extremes to feel important to the ones around me...especially my peers. I found myself in a sticky situation on a couple snow days we had back in 2010. I made myself drink and drink and drink until I was finally in. I could finally be considered a cool high schooler who people wanted to hang out with. Not only did I drink, but I made decisions I wouldn't have made if I lived in the same body I live in now. I let my parents down, let myself down and let my God down.

As I am now sitting through another snow day, I lay back and wonder. I wonder what I would be doing right now if I didn't get that text to attend Christ in Youth. I wonder what I would be doing if I didn't find that friend who stuck by my side no matter the time or day. And I wonder what I would be doing if I didn't have such a powerful, loving God who couldn't watch me go another day without being hurt and hurting myself. All the thoughts I used to have are now thoughts I rarely have. All the time I wasted on getting approval from society, was all the time I wasted not ministering to one of my friends or family members.

The great thing about God is that He doesn't let us fall. He sees what society and magazines have done and how much of an impact they have on teenagers like myself. God sees that you are hurting and He can't bear it any longer. Run to his arms, because it's not too late, nor will it ever be. You're beautiful and wonderfully made. God WILL continue to use you even if you think the path you have taken won't be accepted. If I have learned one thing these past couple years, its that there's always a Savior to guide the way. "By faith in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and know was made strong. It is Jesus' name and the faith that comes through him that has given this complete healing to him, as you can all see. " - Acts 3:16.

Don't go one more day. Turn to Him, and He will make your paths straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment