Monday, January 14, 2013

Falling off the wagon


by Cece
Falling off the wagon is something even the best of us do. It's not always something you can prevent, no matter how hard you try. 

When I lose sight of what's important, I go into what I call "the twilight zone." Everything is put on mute, and my mind seems to turn off. Everything seems to be on fast forward, and I can never remember what really happened afterward. I go into some sort of frenzy. 

But I have some tips to keep you from falling off of the wagon.
1) Find something to focus/obsesses over. You need something to do when something goes wrong instead of harming yourself.  For me, I would watch The Little Mermaid. It was the movie my mom would always put on when I was sad.
2) Call someone. You need someone to talk you down from the ledge, so I would suggested a good friend. Someone you can trust.
3) Think of your family. When you are about to do something rash, think of your parents and/or siblings. What would they say/do if they found you harming yourself, how would they feel.
4) Take some time to calm down. If I was about to harm myself, I would pace and take some deep breaths. Then I would put on some upbeat music and take a shower. This gives you some time to think about what you were about to do and realize how stupid it was.
5)  Watch TV or listen to music. Sitting down and focusing on whatever you are watching/listening to will distract you and give you some time to sort everything out.
6)  Think about what would happen if you ended up dying. Think about the grief you would put your family and friends through. Think about everything you will miss if you ended your life.
 
I hope these tips help you from doing something stupid. You are worth more than you will ever realize and GOD has an amazing plan for your future. You don't want to miss out what he has in store for you. You may not think people will care, but in truth, they absolutely will.
         

No comments:

Post a Comment