Friday, January 18, 2013

Day 15: Who needs jewels, gold and silver?


Today's reading — Proverbs 3

It's hard to unpack all the amazing promises, wisdom and counsel in this chapter alone! 

Some of the promises here: 
Health, wealth, favor with God and man, blessings, long life, riches. 

Of course, they don't just come automatically! You must seek wisdom, love and be faithful, TRUST THE LORD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, give to the Lord your firstfruits (tithes and offerings, a giving heart), preserve sound judgement and discernment. 

But there are warnings, too: 
Do not despise the Lord's discipline. Don't withhold from your neighbor in need when you have the means to help now. Do not accuse men for no reason or plot harm against your neighbor or envy a violent man (or mimic him). 

My Bible is marked up heavily in this chapter in pencil and different colors of ink. Different verses have more significance in different phases and chapters of my life. 

But my favorite by far that I think I'll write on my Post-It note today is this: 

13-15
Blessed is the woman who finds wisdom, the woman who gains understanding for wisdom is more profitable than silver and yields better returns than gold. Wisdom is more precious than rubies; nothing you desire can compare with her. 

I think that sums it all up rather well! I hope many of the verses in this chapter spoke to your heart!

{Hugs}
Amy 

No comments:

Post a Comment