Monday, February 18, 2013

Not just a random act of kindness


by Morgan

     When you get to a point of feeling relaxed and comfortable in your walk with Christ, it becomes less and less fulfilling and less and less glorifying to God. 
     These past couples weeks, I’ve felt relaxed and comfortable with where I’m at. I started going through the motions instead of getting something out of what I was doing. To say the least, I started to feel alone in my walk. 
     A couple nights ago, my friends and I made plans to go out to eat at Buffalo Wild Wings for a post-prom fundraiser. My friend Kayla and I felt obligated to go, since our parents were in charge of the whole thing. I also had been praying and asking God how much my limit was on going out, instead of staying in and building the relationships with my family, especially my little sister. I truly believe that I felt obligated to go because God was going to put something or someone in my path to turn me back to Him. 
     Before my friends and I ate, we prayed — as we always do. We prayed for continuous nourishment and strength with the essential tools God provides for us. We, too, prayed for the relationships He has given us and guidance in our everyday life. 
     We then ate our food and talked about random things that were going on in our lives and just caught up on things we don’t get to talk about as much anymore. 
      While we were waiting on our check, the waitress came up to us. She informed us that someone saw us praying before we ate and paid for our check. My reaction was just as you all would think. I got the chills and prayed. I then realized that God reminded me I’m not alone in my walk with Him, nor will I ever be. He reminded me that although storms and troubles may come, He will always be there to calm down the storm for me. He controls all things. He is in charge of all things. 
     We will have doubts along the way, and we will stumble, but God catches our fall. He has caught mine several times, and I know He is always right there with open arms, waiting to catch yours.
     "And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen." – Philippines 4:19-20. 
     God will exceed all the needs we might have. If we’re feeling lonely, He will hang out with us. If we are feeling down, He will lift our spirits back up. If we think we are failing, He will help us succeed. God never fails. 


No comments:

Post a Comment