Monday, December 31, 2012

Your Defining Moment


by Cece

Whether you know it or not, at some point in your life you have had a moment that has influenced your future. 

These moments contribute to who we are and everything else about us. Your defining moments may be good or bad; it really doesn’t matter. I have had multiple moments in my life that have made me who I am.

For me, I have more bad defining moments than good. I have had a rough past couple of weeks. My best friend and I got into a fight, she called me names and then I fell off the wagon and cut myself. They are now just barely visible scars, but the moment I took the knife in my hand and the moment my arm swelled and burned are something I will never forget. 

Then about a week or so ago, my dad left. He and my mom had a fight and little did they know I had heard the whole thing. I do not want to disclose what it was about, but my siblings were affected greatly by this sudden change. I have had to grow up a lot lately and be strong for my brother. Lastly, I started not eating. I lost about 6-8 pounds in the last week. I am now eating normally now, but I think I have scared a lot of people lately. They have seen me walk around like a zombie for the past two weeks. |

Until I realized that what I was doing wasn’t helping anyone. I was just making my mom feel worse, my friends scared to leave me alone, and my siblings worried that I couldn’t handle what had happened. 

I don’t want this blog to make you cry or feel bad for me. I want this to show you that even the bad moments in your life are essential  to growing up, to becoming the person who you are. I feel like I have aged about 20 years in this past month. I am a better person; I have a better relationship with GOD, and I now appreciate all the little things in life that I have never noticed before. 

I have created an email at  MightyStrongCece@yahoo.com for anyone who wants to ask me questions, advice or anything. Whatever you want, just ask away. I just want you all to know that I am here for you, and I want to help you with whatever you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment