Thursday, September 27, 2012

Have you ever chased happiness?

     We all have struggles we have to face. Some are bigger than others, but they are usually a learning factor in our life. God never promised us a perfect life; He just promised us a life with Him and a life of love. Every struggle, heartache or loss we have, God is right there with us. 
     From my seventh grade year to my freshmen year in high school, I wanted to fit in. I wanted to hang out with the cool kids, go to all the parties and disobey my parents for the satisfaction of getting a laugh out of it. During the winter of my first year in high school, I made a decision that hurt everyone around me, a decision I would regret. I went to my friend’s house, and had a party with a couple of other friends. I made choices most kids make. However, I didn’t want to be like other kids. For the next year, I felt like I’d let myself, my family and my Heavenly Father down. 
  The summer between my freshmen and sophomore years, I was invited to a Christ in Youth conference with my church! A lot of my friends were going and they wanted me to have the experience they did. I was very open-minded and knew that what was supposed to happen would. While there, I heard a couple voices. One was from God, and the other was from Satan. At first, I had a hard time distinguishing them, but once I figured it out, I knew my life would change! I got home and knew that all the temptations I had left with would come back if I allowed them to! At first I did, but I had a friend who pushed me to be a better person, and a friend who realizes what true happiness means. She is a friend who cares more about my eternal life than my earthly life. I never noticed love like that before, and I knew if I felt good about that love, then the love of Jesus Christ would surpass all understanding. 
  A year later, and I’m on the pursuit of happiness. I am living a life for Jesus. I’ve learned that it’s not my life, it’s His. It’s not my kingdom I’m furthering, it’s His. Reading the bible, going to church, and praying daily will strengthen your relationship with God, but once you realize it takes more than that to live a full Christ-centered life, you will be filled with more joy than you could imagine. You’ll have a happiness that surpasses all understanding -- the happiness of Jesus Christ. 
     You may have a horrible past, and you may have made a lot of decisions that weren’t pleasing, but Jesus says you’re never too late, I’ve always been here waiting for you with open arms.  You can change your life right now and experience the world in a whole different way. Once you take those steps to being a better person, you’ll realize how special and important you are in the King’s eyes.  “He must become greater I must become less." (John 3:30)

No comments:

Post a Comment