Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Examine yourself from a new perspective

by morgan


We all have people we look up to. They could be your parents, super heroes, celebrities or someone close to you who has had a big impact on your life. There are some people who might even look at a magazine and see a pretty girl and say, “I look up to her because she is beautiful! “ I’ve heard many of my peers who will compare themselves to ladies on television or in magazines.

I used to always want to match up to whoever everyone thought was pretty. I wanted to be beautiful in the world's eye; God’s eyes didn’t matter to me. 

Why do we do that to ourselves? 

Is it because society has brainwashed us, or is it because people tell us we don’t fit the world's standards? What people thought used to get to me because I wanted to be perfect, but is there really such a thing?
In my eyes, a role model is someone you want to live like. A role model challenges you to be a better person. 

I was once told that you should make someone’s ceiling your floor. Those words have stuck with me to this day. When someone dies and you see where they lived at, you should want to start from where they left off and continue on the legacy.
“You have younger eyes watching you!" This is a phrase I am constantly hearing from the very person I look up to. 

How true is that? Whenever you are doing something, who are you giving the glory to? Are you giving all the glory to you, or are you giving all the glory to God?
Once I realized how true that statement was, I started living in a way that was glorifying to God and everyone around me. When I think of someone as a role model, I think of faith, hope and love. I want others to look up to me, and see who I live for and where my happiness comes from. I want to watch others grow around me, and I want to watch them give the glory to God in everything!
My goal is to leave a legacy that most don’t understand. I want to watch others test my faith, and I want to stand up for what I know is true. I don’t want others to look up to me because they think I’m good at sports or pretty. I want people to look up to me because I’m a good Christ-like example of what God wants from each of us. 

Are you a good role model? Would you want others to look up to you as you are right now? How can you change that today?

No comments:

Post a Comment