Monday, September 8, 2014

The Greatest Love


    by morgan wells
As I was reading Francis Chan’s book, Crazy Love, I stumbled upon a couple sentences that were pretty convicting. 
     One of them read, “Most of us, to some degree, have a difficult time understanding, believing, or accepting God’s absolute and unlimited love for us.”  
     Are you guilty of this? 
     Do you ever have a hard time understanding God’s love for you or someone else in your life? 
     Do you find yourself questioning His love when things go wrong or not as planned? 
     I’m not going to lie; I’m guilty of this when certain things aren’t going as I had originally hoped. But… that’s why I’m writing this blog… to show girls how powerful God is and how unconditional His love is for us.
      It’s been quite some time since I’ve blogged, and I could make up some excuse about how busy I’ve been with other things, but the truth is that I have kept my distance from God. 
     At first, it was unknowingly because comfort is my weakness but then it became noticeable. 
     Before you read any further, I want you to think of a few of the many times that God has given you hope through a tough situation… or maybe it wasn’t a tough situation… maybe it was a situation that was a blessing. 
     Looking back, do you see God’s hand in that situation?
     The word love appears in the Bible 551 times. What does love really mean? 
     According to Wikipedia, love is a variety of different feelings, states, and attitudes and it can also be a virtue representing human kindness, compassion, and affection. Love is a word that’s confusing for some. We hear people say they love their kids, spouses, and friends all the time. It’s a word that’s thrown around a lot in our culture…sometimes good and others times bad. 
     We can “love” all we want, but it really doesn’t make sense unless we fully understand that God IS love. He does represent human kindness, compassion, and affection when we let Him.
      When we are younger, our parents tell us they love us. When we become teenagers, a boy will tell us he loves us, and when we become adults, our spouses will tell us they love us. 
     No, I’m not saying love is a bad thing, and we should always run away. I’m telling you that our parents, our friends, and our spouses (someday) can’t love us the right way until they love God the most.
      I’ll give an example of this Great Love. 
     Before I came to Christ, I was a mess. I found myself hanging out with people who didn’t really lead me in any direction (which is just as bad as them leading me in a bad direction). I was happy where I was, doing the things I was doing. 
     But… out of God’s great, great love, He found me when I was lost, sent someone to invite me to a Christ in Youth camp, and saved me. THAT is Great Love.
      Telling numerous stories isn’t my intention for this blog… my main intention for this blog is to prove to girls like you that you ARE God’s princess. God loves you more than your parents, friends, or any boy ever could. 
     Some of you girls have been saved by the Lord's unconditional and perfect love. And others haven’t quite yet made the jump. For those who haven’t… fall. Allow God to catch you. Allow God to use you to love others because of Him. 
     And if any of you get the chance, read Francis Chan’s book, Crazy Love. It provides biblical examples, and it challenges you to love God and love others despite our imperfections.    
     “Even though we could die at any moment and generally think our puny lives are pretty sweet compared to loving Him, He persists in loving us with unending, outrageous love.” 
     Go and do. 
     Be a blessing for someone today, tomorrow, and forever. God wants to show you His Greatest Love…will you allow Him?  

No comments:

Post a Comment